Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Singingbelle
Level 7

Issues with the FrndlyTV App

I recently added the FrndlyTV app to my ROKU.  After the first launch, I never see the channel guide again.  Upon clicking on the app, the Game Show Network immediately launches.  However, when I try to exit the Game Show Network in order to see the channel guide, or use the Video on Demand feature, the app throws me out and restarts my ROKU device.  I generally have to go through this more than 3 or 4 times before I finally see the channel guide.  What gives?  Fortunately, I added Frndly TV to my ROKU list precisely because I wanted the Game Show Network, but I would also like to see and/or use the other options that channel offers, for my $10.00 a month.  According to Frndly TV, they say I'm using an older model of ROKU and that is causing my problems?  

I didn't think channel apps were supposed to restart my ROKU device, but that is exactly what this Frndly TV app is doing, everytime I exit the Game Show Network on that App.  The app has at least 8 to 10 other channels that I can't ever seem to access due to this problem.  And I can't access the Video on Demand either.  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mommadeb3
Level 8

Re: Issues with the FrndlyTV App

I am having the same issue except it open to the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel. Then when I try to go back to the guide, it crashes my Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Edwas
Level 7

No option to remove it. What a terrible app. Can’t get it to work on Roku at all. Works fine on iphone. Wish I could get my money back. 

0 Kudos
Edwas
Level 7

If you unsubscribe from the channel then you get the remove. Then I removed and added - still does not work. 

0 Kudos