Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benmatesi1
Level 7

Issue with Roku Express

I recently got a Roku Express for Christmas and it's been pretty great being a cheaper model of a Roku player. I have had a couple issues with it but this is the one that's given me the most headaches. I have the Roku app and I'd like to use the private listening feature that it's advertised to be able to do. When I enable the feature it works for just a few seconds then an icon pops up in the top right corner that has headphones, the number `100 in between them and an exclamation point, after this icon appears it stops sending audio to my headphones and it returns to the TV. The same icon does pop up when they're first connected, but it's just of the headphones themselves, I've searched the internet far and wide trying to find a solution to this problem but haven't even found an instance where someone is having the same issue.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Issue with Roku Express

"benmatesi1" wrote:
I recently got a Roku Express for Christmas and it's been pretty great being a cheaper model of a Roku player. I have had a couple issues with it but this is the one that's given me the most headaches. I have the Roku app and I'd like to use the private listening feature that it's advertised to be able to do. When I enable the feature it works for just a few seconds then an icon pops up in the top right corner that has headphones, the number `100 in between them and an exclamation point, after this icon appears it stops sending audio to my headphones and it returns to the TV. The same icon does pop up when they're first connected, but it's just of the headphones themselves, I've searched the internet far and wide trying to find a solution to this problem but haven't even found an instance where someone is having the same issue.

Is this your only Roku device? If not, does the issue occur with other devices?

Also, iOS or Android?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
benmatesi1
Level 7

Re: Issue with Roku Express

Android, and I also use Roku Ultra in my living room and it works just fine in there so I'm not sure why it won't work on my Express.
0 Kudos