Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Issue with AV Adapter Connection

I have a 50' TCL Roku TV. I have attempted to connect a gaming console that uses an RCA connector to my TV using the provided adapter, but there is no signal after connecting the devices. Is my TV or adapter outdated?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Issue with AV Adapter Connection

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

We recommend that you try another RCA cable to connect your device to the TV. If you still aren't able to clear up the issue, please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/contact-us?contact_query=Please%20enter%20your%20question

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the exact same problem with my 40 inch TCL Roku tv. I used a RCA to hdmi adapter and there was no signal so I thought to get a direct av cable. There was still no signal..and when I contacted Roku customer service they told me to go to TCL

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Did you go to TCL?  As you've seen, Roku will not help you with this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I did and they are trying to help. I going to get an adapter compatible with TCL bc the Samsung one doesn’t work. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Did TCL send you a compatible adapter? I also bought a Samsung one, but don't know which ones are compatible with TCL.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Nope they never got back to me. So customer service is not reliable. I saw this adapter on Amazon and it worked perfectly. Here’s the link:

HDMI Cable for N64, Support... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081L9BQNJ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you, but I guess I'm looking for AV to AV. Trying to hook up my PS2. Costumer service said I could use any adapter, but obviously that isn't true... I'll just try a couple different adapters.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yea I used that one from Amazon for my GameCube and it worked for me. So hopefully it works for you.

0 Kudos