Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Is there a Roku Express+ model that doesn’t have any issues with some apps?

Jump to solution

Hi! Is there a Roku Express+ model that doesn’t have any issues with some apps? My 2018 Roku 3910RW Express+ has issues with YouTube, Pluto TV, and third party developed, iOS and Android compatible Screen mirroring apps, when set to “4:3 standard” instead of “16:9 widescreen” via Settings > Display type, and the type of that issue is Aspect ratio. So I’m wondering which Roku Express+ model does not have these issues.

Thanks for any responses!

~Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Is there a Roku Express+ model that doesn’t have any issues with some apps?

Jump to solution

Oh boy…me from almost 2 years ago.  So, now let me answer my own topical question:

None of the major players are produced with analog A/V ports anymore.  The Express+ 3910 was the last player with them, and production of it was discontinued between the summer and fall of 2018, in favor of its successor model, the Premiere+ 3921.  The 3910 is the only analog output-ready Roku model to be compatible with Voice Remote functionality and Apple AirPlay 2.

Now that should explain it.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Is there a Roku Express+ model that doesn’t have any issues with some apps?

Jump to solution

Oh boy…me from almost 2 years ago.  So, now let me answer my own topical question:

None of the major players are produced with analog A/V ports anymore.  The Express+ 3910 was the last player with them, and production of it was discontinued between the summer and fall of 2018, in favor of its successor model, the Premiere+ 3921.  The 3910 is the only analog output-ready Roku model to be compatible with Voice Remote functionality and Apple AirPlay 2.

Now that should explain it.

~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos