Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacobrich
Streaming Star

Is my Roku Ultra defective? The sound level is much lower than my previous Roku

Is my Roku Ultra defective? The sound level is much lower than my previous Roku. This is brand new and set up April 10, 2022.

The Hulu App requires my TV be turned up about double what it used to be. YouTube and Amazon Prime seem ok.

Has anybody else experienced this? I am a little disappointed. I really want this Ultra to work out because of the Ethernet port.

Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Is my Roku Ultra defective? The sound level is much lower than my previous Roku

Your Roku isn’t defective and the sound comes through your TV. Be sure to enable volume leveling. While watching something press the * button. You will now see a menu on the left. Sound should be one of the. It’s off by default so turn it to leveling. Also we’re you using a Dolby sound with your previous Roku’ Ultra? There isn’t anything wrong with your new Ultra. You just need to experiment with all the settings

0 Kudos
jacobrich
Streaming Star

Re: Is my Roku Ultra defective? The sound level is much lower than my previous Roku

I did experiment with the settings on the Roku Ultra and my television. The volume is a tiny bit better now. But definitely not as good as it was on my Roku Streaming Stick+

I will keep my fingers crossed and hope there are enough people experiencing the same issue as me and Roku takes notice 🙂

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@jacobrich  Did you enable sound leveling?

0 Kudos
jacobrich
Streaming Star

I did and it has helped somewhat. On the Roku Streaming Stick+ this was not required and the volume was always great.

0 Kudos
jacobrich
Streaming Star

I enabled sound leveling. It helped a little bit. But the sound was not as good as my Roku Streaming Stick+

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Volume leveling doesn’t do much. Streaming is what it is; the volume varies from app to app and channel to channel.

0 Kudos