Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMBrowning
Reel Rookie

Intermittent sound loss

For no apparent reason the volume will go out. ( I don't have a Roku TV)
The only thing that will fix it is to restart Roku. I checked for updates and I have the most recent update. It doesn't matter if my soundbar (not a Roku) is on or off. What's going on?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Kevin1979

Re: Intermittent sound loss

I have the same issue with my roku that I just bought I'd like to know how to fix it 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Intermittent sound loss

Hello @Kevin1979

Thanks for the post.

For us to isolate your audio issue, it would be very helpful if you could answer the following questions:

1. Do you receive any error code or message? If yes, please let us know.
  2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your device?
  3. Are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV/Roku player setup? If so, what is the make/model of that unit?
  4. In Settings > Audio > Audio mode, what setting do you have selected? Does the same issue occur if you change the setting to Stereo, etc.?

Moreover, if the issue only happens on one channel, removing the channel then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos