Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squash_biker
Level 7

Intermittent sound drops on Roku Ultra every few seconds

No matter what channel I'm on, for the last several months we've had a frustrating issue where the sound cuts out every few seconds, then resumes. I have read all the community posts and have tried just about everything: restarting the Roku, reconnecting the HDMI cable, updating the software, setting the Volume mode to OFF, pausing/rewinding a few frames then playing again etc. None of these work for me. Please help!

Information that I see Roku Support asking for:

-Roku device model: 4660X Roku Ultra
-serial number: YJ00F0828557
-device ID: CK487F828557
-software OS/version: 9.40 build 4190-46
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

NETFLIX: Version 5.0 build 98079400

Note this problem is occurring on every channel I watch (DisneyPlus, SlingTV, YouTube etc.)

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Could not get the tracker ID to generate.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
squash_biker
Level 7

Re: Intermittent sound drops on Roku Ultra every few seconds

Anyone in Roku support that can help here?

0 Kudos