Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pine_soul
Level 7

Intermittent no signal on Vizio 4k while using a roku stick +

I bought a brand new Vizio V- series 43” smart tv and the Chromecast was not any good so I was recommended to buy a Roku stick or other 3rd party streaming device (apple tv).

I have a Vizio sound bar in the 1st HDMI port and have tried the Roku stick in both the 2nd and 3rd HDMI but the issue remains. 

Whether in the menu or watching movies/tv shows the Roku stick will lose connection and my tv will say “No Signal” please check the HDMI port. 

2 seconds later, the movie continues and then it slowly gets worse and worse. 

Internet connection is about 17mbps. Not sure what to do. 

Resetting router doesn’t work.

Resetting Roku doesn’t work. 

Changing passwords doesn't work.

not sure what to do besides return it at this point, any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Intermittent no signal on Vizio 4k while using a roku stick +

Is your Roku device powered by plugging it into a USB port on your television? The ports on many televisions only supply 0.5 amp, which is not enough to power a Roku reliably.

It is recommended that you power your Roku device via the power adapter that came with it, plugged into your house power. If you no longer have the USB power adapter that came with your device, you may have another one handy from another device that can be used -- just make sure the tiny print on it confirms it has a 5 volt dc output of at least 1 amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
pine_soul
Level 7

Re: Intermittent no signal on Vizio 4k while using a roku stick +

It is powered appropriately. I have it plugged into a wall outlet by itself and have tried multiple power strips as well. It is not a power supply issue. 

Thank you for trying!

0 Kudos