Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Intermittent Audio after 8.1 ‘UPGRADE’ v2

Those of you experiencing this issue, we've just enabled manual updates for 4640 models that should fix your issue.

Please go into settings and Check for Update.

If you have any further issues, let me know.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Doug_M
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Those of you experiencing this issue, we've just enabled manual updates for 4640 models that should fix your issue.

Thanks Shawn, I will do this tonight and report back here.
0 Kudos
davvos
Level 7

Upgraded 4640 as per Shawn post and watched for over an hour before I had to go out- didn't get any audio drops so looks very encouraging - thanks!
0 Kudos
Console
Level 7

"davvos" wrote:
Upgraded 4640 as per Shawn post and watched for over an hour before I had to go out- didn't get any audio drops so looks very encouraging - thanks!

Updated Roku Ultra 4640X to 8.1.0 build 4159-29.  (Settings > System > About > System update)

I assume we should now reset our audio settings back to ‘Auto detect’.  Is that preferred over Dolby D+ to Marantz 8802a?  

Now testing DD+ stream NETFLIX Maniac.  So far so good (15 minutes in).  

Thank you! 
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

Digital audio setting should be Auto, unless there is a reason to override it. When using optical out you may need to override it.
0 Kudos

"RokuShawnS" wrote:

I have a Roku/Hitachi TV.  I checked for the update, but it says that it is currently up to date (Build 4139).  Will there be a version that can be applied to the Roku-TV's?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
davvos
Level 7

0 Kudos
davvos
Level 7

Sorry, messed up cut and paste and posted duplicate. I watched another hour last night without any audio problems and no other issues cropped up. Ultra 4640 connected via hdmi to Denon 3400 with settings back to original auto - well over 2 hours viewing now without audio drops; usually dropped in the first few minutes before so definitely looking positive - thanks!
0 Kudos
Console
Level 7

"davvos" wrote:
Sorry, messed up cut and paste and posted duplicate. I watched another hour last night without any audio problems and no other issues cropped up. Ultra 4640 connected via hdmi to Denon 3400 with settings back to original auto - well over 2 hours viewing now without audio drops; usually dropped in the first few minutes before so definitely looking positive - thanks!

I concur!  Looking good!  Sounding good!  

Dear Roku Shawn and Dale - I am (we are) sorry for anything bad we ever said about you and Roku.  Now we love you again.  

Great job putting out this fire - that you started - (sorry just couldn’t resist). 

We are loyal Roku customers once more and will never doubt you again - for as long as this thing works. 

Thank you for your efforts and for restoring confidence in Roku! 
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

As this issue appears to be resolved, I'm going to close down this thread.  If you continue to experience the issue, please feel free to open a v3 thread and I will link this thread to that one, and vice-versa.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos