Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Insufficient power

Jump to solution

The USB port on your TV will not power this Roku device. (Used ford it came with which worked for 8 months. Purchased another and it’s not working either.) Please use a USB power adaptor.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Insufficient power

Jump to solution

@ammarshall622 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that some TVs will not be able to provide sufficient power to the Roku device if you are using the TV USB port. We would recommend plugging in your Roku device into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ammarshall622 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that some TVs will not be able to provide sufficient power to the Roku device if you are using the TV USB port. We would recommend plugging in your Roku device into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have had a Roku Premiere hooked up for months and all of a sudden I get Insufficient power ? I am using the cables supplied. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just started getting this problem with insufficient power. It's plugged directly in the wall. I've tried other cords and outlets and nothing has worked. Can't find any solution on the forums and Roku tech isn't working.

0 Kudos