Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Insufficient power supply

Jump to solution

My Roku keeps displaying the warming message "the usb does not have enough power for the device...". I am using the original adapter that came with the Roku. I have tried multiple outlets, multiple usb cables, multiple USB ports, and multiple TVs. The red light is not visible, but the white indicator on the front is and blinking. I have read numerous posts and I'm still unable to resolve this problem. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Insufficient power supply

Jump to solution

@Eddiet998 @Agrywalski 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  Has any one been able to help? I’ve only had for less than a year 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Eddiet998 @Agrywalski 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am having same problem. How can I get help? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am having same problem. How can I get help? Email is melissagernan@yahoo.com

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Not enough power

Jump to solution

I have started getting an error message on my Roku express saying my TVs usb slot is not enough to power my device and to use a usb power adapter however it is plugged into the mains with the usb power adapter supplied with the device. This is intermittent and can sometimes work for an hour before suddenly going off and displaying this error message. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Not enough power

Jump to solution

@Jammox 

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

mine did the same thing right in the middle of a movie, has anyone gotten resolution to the prob?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

It is not giving me the option to PM only reply here. [personal information removed] the serial number is YG009L193623. I keep getting an error message displayed on screen saying My tv’s usb slot is not powerful enough to power my device however the device is plugged into the mains using the Micro usb cable and plug provided with my roku express. I have only had this device since October last year and it’s only used here and there on the tv in the bedroom. I have a Roku 3 that I have had for years downstairs that I have never had any problems with whatsoever. Sometimes the roku express will work fine then maybe 30minutes into watching something it will cut off and display the error message. 

0 Kudos