Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Not enough power

Jump to solution

@Jammox 

Thanks for the information.

For future reference, when providing personal information, please send that information in a PM. We highly recommend not posting personal information in a public place.

I have sent you a PM and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Insufficient power supply

Jump to solution

@Kimberdawns @bronwyn 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is the device plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter? 

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cabreo
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. The device is plugged into the wall and the tv. Used adapter, switched TV's still the same thing.  How do you fix this?

0 Kudos
RobR1
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am getting the same "Insufficient power" message on my Roku Express +.  It is plugged in to a wall socket using the original usb cord and outlet plug that came with the device.  I have tried using a different Roku usb cord and outlet plug into a wall socket, but the same thing happens.  Can you please help me out with this.  Thanks!

Rob

0 Kudos
Macefamily6
Level 7

US port in TV will not power so plugged into outlet and still giving error of not enough power?

Jump to solution

I am using supplied power supply and adapter from roku and my roku plug in is still having issues stating not enough power? I literally have to unplug it everyday before use and plug it back in but now it is giving this issue daily? Does roku stick plus have issues with power supplies? I am at a lost as my new TV downstairs has a USB and it has no issues at all! Crazy!!!!

0 Kudos
fluke
Level 13

Re: US port in TV will not power so plugged into outlet and still giving error of not enough power?

Jump to solution

@Macefamily6 wrote:

I am using supplied power supply and adapter from roku and my roku plug in is still having issues stating not enough power? I literally have to unplug it everyday before use and plug it back in but now it is giving this issue daily? Does roku stick plus have issues with power supplies? I am at a lost as my new TV downstairs has a USB and it has no issues at all! Crazy!!!!

USB 2.0 standard requires the port supply at least 0.5 amps.

USB 3.0 standard requires the port supply at least 0.9 amps.

Depending on the manufactor of the device, it can select to supply higher amperage but the standard does not require it to do so.

The Roku Streaming Stick Plus requires 1.0 amps.  Since this exceeds the standard's minimum, they include a wall outlet adapter which can guarantee 1.0 amps.

If you have a recently purchased TV, it is more likely to honor the amperage requirement of USB 3.0 even if the power technically isn't a USB 3.0 port.

But even if you are able to get away with plugging the stick directly into one TV for power doesn't mean all TVs are supplying the required power.  You should consider using the wall adapter that came packaged with the stick.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@RobR1 @Macefamily6 

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BeakerPDX
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  Insufficient power.  I have changed the cord, reset the unit, nothing works.  I suspect this is a known issue since everyone is experiencing something similar.  Roku Model 3920X.  I can't PM anyone yet since I am a new user...Danny, please contact me or respond to let me know next steps.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@BeakerPDX

Thanks for the post.

Can you send me a private message (PM) now? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DieHardBiker
Level 7

Jump to solution

As with many others, I am also getting an intermittent insufficient power message. Sometimes the suggested fixes work and sometimes they don’t. I’ve tried them all. Occasionally I just have to shut all power to the ROKU stick and the tv for an extended period of time for it to work correctly, at least for a while. 
I’d be happy to PM you with the info you requested other users to supply, but I’m unsure how to do that.

I found it. PM on the way. 

0 Kudos