Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Insufficient Power. Was this issue ever resolved?  I'm experiencing the same issue, out of the b

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information, @disgruntled123.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings > System > About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
rel2099
Reel Rookie

Re: Insufficient Power. Was this issue ever resolved?  I'm experiencing the same issue, out of the b

Jump to solution

My problem was that I had the Roku plugged into a power strip.  Once I used a dedicated cable that plugged into a wall outlet, the problem went away.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
disgruntled123
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuMary-F ,

The insufficient power message does not allow me to access the device, so I cannot go to Settings.  

The SN on the device itself is:  K4303 6666 583

Thank you,

Mike

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information, @disgruntled123.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Regards,

Mary

0 Kudos
Mitchmcc
Reel Rookie

Re: Insufficient Power Warning

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with one of my roku Express tried changing all the cords and still insufficient power 

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Insufficient Power Warning

Jump to solution

Is your Roku plugged directly into the wall or the USB port on your TV? Changing all what cords? There is only 1 power cord and an adapter. Is your Roku new? 

0 Kudos
RealCarlAllen
Channel Surfer

Re: Insufficient Power 2022

Jump to solution

Back two years later. Did anyone figure out a resolution? 

Troubleshooting:

1) I have 4 rokus in my house, 3 are working (not WiFi)

2) The smart TV is also working for other apps

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@RealCarlAllen

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RealCarlAllen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When I power on the Roku, it's giving an "insufficient power" error, and not letting me click anything, the same as others in the thread described. The few times out of dozens it doesn't give this message, it's not detecting any WiFi (guessing it's related)

I've used this Roku successfully for a couple years and it's set up as instructed. Not experiencing issues with any others in my house, WiFi, or smart TV.

If I need to get a new Roku that's fine, but I wasn't sure if there was a solution for this out-of-the-blue "insufficient power" issue

0 Kudos
mhornung
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku replaced my unit.  That resolved the issue we had, which is exactly what you describe.  We now have another roku doing the same thing though and I'm hoping we can replace it as well. 

@RokuDanny-R can I send you s/n via DM to get and RMA?

0 Kudos