Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Insufficient Power

Jump to solution

Hi @markcaigerwatso,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? Please try to connect to a power outlet in the wall using the USB power adapter that came with the Roku.

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding the low power issue: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your ...

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello! I am just recently having this same issue despite having it plugged in the same way for a while now. It is *not* plugged into the USB on my tv, it is in a wall outlet with every provided Roku cable. I've tried searching how to PM, but I can't figure it out?? @RokuMary-F please help! It doesn't make sense as to why this message is popping up if I am not using a USB port in my tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jkbrooks010

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LaurieL
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Having the same issue. Did everything mentioned and still have the insufficient power warning. I've was using the power adaptor when I got this message.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@LaurieL

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LaurieL
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

K430C6737251

0 Kudos
AM7

Jump to solution

I am also getting the Insufficient Power message.  I have used the included cords, and have it plugged into the outlet (with the included cord and adapter.) The serial number is YHOODU887745.

0 Kudos
tedroberts

Jump to solution

model 3710x ic 5959A-R1012. new roku power adapter.

0 Kudos
LaurieL
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R Roku Danny where are you???

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@LaurieL @AM7

Thanks for the posts and providing us with the information that I have requested.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos