Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rin_E

Re: Insufficient Power

Jump to solution

Hello, my roku is giving me a pop up saying the usb port on my TV will not power this roku device, but is plugged into an outlet. And sometimes that will go away but then I still can't connect to my internet. Please help 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Rin_E

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KevinRH

Jump to solution

Hello Danny. 

I have the insufficient power problem as well. I have tried the troubleshooting methods in your last responses. Please let me know how to PM you my information. Is that “permalink” because I pressed that and it went nowhere. I have my serial number and email, ready to shoot it over for next steps.

thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@KevinRH

Thanks for the post.

I have responded to your PM and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Elbcab

Jump to solution

I have a roku express + showing the insufficient power. I've tried all the suggestions. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Elbcab,

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? 

Please let us know and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
ike3

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I've had the "Insufficient Power" message now several times over the last few months or so.

I'm plugged into a wall outlet using the Roku supplied USB power outlet and extension cable.

My Roku account email address is [personal information removed]

and my Roku Device Serial no. is BN91-17814W

Please advise. Thank you

IKE

0 Kudos
ike3

Jump to solution

It’s plugged to the tv USB port and amplifier tuner. We have this set up for several years and just for 5 months now everyday we received this insufficient power pop up.. I I plugged the roku stick and plug in back. Please help me resolve this Mary thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ike3,

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm also having the insufficient power message too and I'm using the supplied power adapter. 

It's the same set up I've had for the last couple of years since I had it. Nothing has changed other than this message. 

I'm using roku express. 

Any advice please? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos