Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shelby_15

Insufficient Power

Jump to solution

I just got a new roku stick for my TV. I've plugged everything in the correct spots but when I go to turn on my tv a message pops up saying the current USB will not power this roku device, even though I've used the the one included in the box. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Insufficient Power

Jump to solution

@Shelby_15 

Thanks for the post.

If you are plugging the device into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter and still getting the insufficient power warning, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
84 REPLIES 84
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Shelby_15 

Thanks for the post.

If you are plugging the device into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter and still getting the insufficient power warning, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LD123
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Also getting the Insufficient Power error. I have a Streaming Stick plugged into a wall outlet. After over a year of use with no problems, I began having the error every couple of months. It's become more frequent and today it's happened twice. What gives?

None of the suggestions on the page the error message references (go.roku.com/lowpower) are relevant.

Thank you,

LD

0 Kudos
Ctcasey1

Jump to solution

I am getting the insufficient power message using the plugs that came with my Roku. I see you need my email address (which I can provide) but to get the serial number I need to move to settings. It won’t allow me to move in menu with this message showing. HELP!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@LD123 @Ctcasey1 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Musemaker
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Took some work but they sent me a new unit.

0 Kudos
nzig

Jump to solution

I am also receiving the insufficient power warning.  It's been working for 3 months and now I receive this message.  It's plugged into the adapter and into the wall.  I have followed all of the instructions on the support page.  I have not idea what to do now.  This is worthless to me if I can't get it to work.  Waste of money.

0 Kudos
ahmee6

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with lowpower on streaming stick+.  I am using the power cord directly into wall socket.  The roku works for awhile and then I get the low power message.  I bought a new cord but Roku has so many different that it didn't fit.  Money lost.

SW1203

Jump to solution

Hi, I am also getting a message that says insufficient power, it used to happen once in a while and now all the time.  What can I do?

0 Kudos
jsedgwic

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I've had the "Insufficient Power" message now 6 times over the last week or so.

I'm plugged into a wall outlet using the Roku supplied USB power outlet and extension cable.

My Roku account email address is jbsedgwi@gmail.com

and my Roku Device Serial no. is YH00CF400112

Please advise.

Jim

0 Kudos