Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jwbizz

Re: 5 mos. Roku quit

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue and I have tried all of the troubleshooting options. I would very much appreciate help with this.

Thank you!

The serial number is C5393A085729

Debbievi07

Jump to solution

Same with me. Nothing suggested worked to resolve. Weird thing is, it will work fine for awhile, then crash. I think it may be a heat issue. Streaming stick +, less than one year old. Serial number 21306C298337 Model 3810x

Would appreciate contact from someone in support. It doesn't appear I can buy a replacement USB power cable. 

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Jwbizz @Debbievi07

Thanks for the posts.

Could you specify to us first the exact issue you're experiencing? Does it only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Please let us know as well the troubleshooting steps you've done so we know what steps we should take next. 

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
H20Sign

Re: Insufficient Power Warning

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue insufficient power warning still waiting to hear back from Roku support.  Roku Stick SKU # 3800R Device ID CT389D920671.   I have tried EVERYTHING suggested in the Roku forum.  My Roku is powered into a power outlet and always has been powered this way. 

Here's what I have tried..... a different power outlet, a different power adapter, different power outlet (wall plug), the USB cord provided by Roku plugged into the TV different, different HDMI ports on the TV, resetting the Roku and no success.  Please advise what to do.

WeeMan71
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Based on the questions coming from Roku (which channel, have you tried, etc) I don't think anyone is going to get an answer on this.

Put it this way, if lots of people are reporting the same issue without having changed anything themselves it seems to me there has been a software update that has basically made the devices non functioning. I don't understand why Roku won't acknowledge this.

I have bitten the bullet and ordered a new Roku+ to see how that works - I will even try the brand new cables and plug from that to see if it works with the existing device. I suspect there will be no change though and Roku have simply forced me to buy an upgrade to what was a perfectly good functioning device.

Kakam
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@WeeMan71.... So why give them the repeat business?  Seems like a pretty underhanded way to get you to upgrade. I was told my product was out of warranty and I was out of luck. Not a good look. 

WeeMan71
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Kakam I know it's a good question and I did look around but unfortunately Roku seemed the best value option. For now at least - if the same happens again I won't buy another one. The new one is working fine by the way. 

Kdog7012

Re: re: re: Re: 5 mos. Roku quit.. I’m using a Roku tv no stick

Jump to solution

I’m getting the low power to usb warning on my Roku tv.  I’ve looked over the fixes and they all involved some sort of external stick. I am using a Roku TV. There is no usb stick. What do I do?? 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: re: re: Re: 5 mos. Roku quit.. I’m using a Roku tv no stick

Jump to solution

@Kdog7012 you are right, that makes no sense at all. Is there anything at all connected to your USB port on the Roku TV? What brand TV is it? Remember that Roku doesn't manufacture the TVs, they only provide the operating system. If there's a hardware issue with the TV (and it sounds like there might be), you have to contact the TV manufacturer. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My roku has worked just fine until tonight and the white light still shows on it but it says there is insufficient power. Ive unplugged everything replugged it in, used a wall outlet, changed usb cables and nothing. Am I missing something? This is annoying