Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku express power warning

Jump to solution

Hey @JLYN87

We're here to help.

Could you tell us first specifically about the issue you're running into? Do you receive an error code or message? You can also check your device serial number at the back or underneath the player itself then provide it here together with the answers to the questions I asked above.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
susecos

Low power warning, even though plugged into an outlet.

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, and like other posts I've seen, the player is not plugged into a USB port.  It is plugged into an outlet.

susecos

Jump to solution

I can't get to the settings, because the insufficient power message has locked up the screen.  I went in to my account on the Roku site to unlink the device.  The serial number for the device does not show up in the list of inked devices, so I can't unlink it.

I want to unlink it because I am just going to buy a new player to replace it.  I don't want to mess around trying to fix it.  From what comes up on the community, people don't seem to be making any progress with this issue. 

I just don't want to continue to be charged for that device.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@susecos wrote:

I want to unlink it because I am just going to buy a new player to replace it.  I don't want to mess around trying to fix it.  From what comes up on the community, people don't seem to be making any progress with this issue. 

I just don't want to continue to be charged for that device.

There are no per device charges, so no concern there. If you press and hold the recessed reset button for 30 seconds or longer (not one second less), the device will be completely wiped and none of your personal information will remain on it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
JB14

Jump to solution

I just bought a new one. It works perfectly with the TV that was getting the error message. There's nothing wrong with the TV. It's just a faulty Roku device or some sort of software issue. Not sure why Roku help keeps pretending it's some sort of problem with the TV or something that's not completely their fault.

Kakam
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Maybe if you return the old one on the new box, Roku will take a look at it for you

Kbschaef

Jump to solution

Hi Kariza,

I am experiencing the same low power warning as Lydia. "The USB port on your TV will not power this roku device. Please use a USB power adapter." I am using a USB + HDMI stick, with all ROKU components. My serial no is: CT393H703343. I have tried all options posted in this forum with no success. Can you pass along my information to the support team? 

Thank you

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Kbschaef

Thanks for the post and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jose058

Jump to solution

I have tried everything as well. Changing the USB power adapter and I am using a USB + HDMI stick, with all ROKU components. My serial number is k4203G370826

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jose058

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos