Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hardware failure Producing USB insufficient power message

Jump to solution

We have also started experiencing this "low power warning". We are using the base that comes with the device, any help would be appreciated. 

Roku model # 3920

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @smarshburn10

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We recommend starting with trying all the troubleshooting steps in this Support link: What should I do if the red light flashes or I see a "low-power" warning?

If the issue persists, please reply here with the serial number/device ID of your Roku player. It can be viewed underneath the device itself. 

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Dissappointed12
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I already did all of these time wasting steps and posted the unit ID to this thread....But here it is again:

c33917189812

Kakam
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

We are sorry, your unit is out of warranty and u are out of luck. That is the response I received.

Has anyone had any luck getting unit replaced?

This is obviously not a fluke, this is happening to so many people and really wish Roku would take care of their customers

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @Rbodad

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
gphp

Jump to solution

hello, I have a Sharp Roku TV and get the same message though the roku os is internal to the TV  (doesn't have an external power source nor do I use a usb port).  I can't find a solution for my issue and hope you can help.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @gphp

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can contact Sharp Support here: http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs.aspx or at 1-888-935-8880.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Dissappointed12
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wow, I have some words to describe your response, Obtuse, callous, incompetent, useless. I am not using Roku built into a TV. I am using one of your Roku Express stand alone devices that is from the date range when there was a hardware bug that crops up over time and fails giving the indication "Insufficient USB power. The Roku that failed was plugged into the same wall wart USB power supply from day 1 and after about a year or so, just went dead. Roku tech support is sending a replacement.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Dissappointed12 his response was not addressed to you. It was to the post immediately above his, and it was specifically a Roku TV. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
JLYN87

Re: Roku express power warning

Jump to solution

I cant even get to the information you want. Mine goes to a black screen