Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Insufficient Power Warning

Jump to solution

Hey @adecatur1509

I hope you're doing well.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
2navi

Jump to solution

Hello @RokuKariza-D,

We am having the same issue with our Roku Streaming Stick +, where it gives an insufficient power notice after playing for an hour or so. We have it sourced through the included USB power adapter and through the television's HDMI port. I just created this account so am unable to PM. Here is some info below:

Device model & Serial: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+, YH00FN154163

Powered: USB

Channel with Issue: Netflix - channel exits to home and message stays on screen until turned off.

Current OS: 10.0.0 build 4209-50

TV Brand & Model: Sony KDL-40V5100

Thank you

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @2navi

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mlb296

Jump to solution

It's a no brainer that a new device is needed, but what's the difference i I'm purchasing the same Roku device? Is the next device going to work? I can't afford buying a new one just to have it not work either!

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Mlb296 With electronic devices, it's always a possibility that a device might have slipped through quality control. All I can say is that I've owned close to a dozen Roku devices over the last 9 years. One was defective out of the box, but it was immediately replaced by the retailer and it still works today. All the others are still functional, although the Roku 2 XS players are buried in a drawer because they simply can't run most of the channels I use. My Roku Stick (3600) is the oldest device still in use (it's 5 years old now), and my grandson uses it all the time. My Roku 4 is probably even a bit older, and it's still used by my granddaughter. 

I realize my experience is merely one data point, so take it as such. But in all this time I've never had any issues with any device (Roku TV or player) beyond the one bad new device. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Dissappointed12
Reel Rookie

Hardware failure Producing USB insufficient power message

Jump to solution

I have the dreaded USB Insufficient power warning. The Roku is plugged into the usb wall wart that came with the unit. Worked fine for a year and now it fails. Swapped the USB cable and it worked for a day. Now dead again. I suspect you have a hardware issue that crops up over time. Very disappointing that you give folks the run around on your tech support page rather than fessing up and replacing the defective Rokus.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Hardware failure Producing USB insufficient power message

Jump to solution

Hello @Dissappointed12

We're here to help!

Could you tell us the exact error message that pops up on your TV screen? Please also reply here with the serial number/device ID of your Roku player. It can be located at the back or underneath the device itself. 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Dissappointed12
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

c33917189812

Insufficient power The USB port on your TV will not power this RokU device. Please use a USB power adapter

Rbodad

Jump to solution

I’m having this same issue and message after taking my stick on a trip. Worked fine until I came home and plugged it back in. My device says 3800x and SN# is CT3781967377.

please help

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Dissappointed12

I do apologize for the delay in response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos