Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lydsy1

Re: Roku express power warning

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, 

My name is Lydia and I am having the same problems. I did all three troubleshooting ideas that were provided on Roku website. My device is C338D4758347. Can you help me??

Thanks 🙂
Lydia 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku express power warning

Jump to solution

Hey @Lydsy1

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ttom519
Reel Rookie

Re: 5 mos. Roku quit

Jump to solution

I need help with this same issue. I have a Roku Premiere and it is giving me the same message, out of nowhere. It was fine. It has been plugged into the wall the whole time, with the adapter that came with the device, using the cord that came with the device. I have unplugged, restarted, tried a different cord and adapter and keep getting the same message. Please help, thank you.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @ttom519

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us specifically the error message you are receiving? Please also reply here with the serial number/device ID of the affected Roku device. It can be located at the back or underneath the player itself. 

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I also had this happen a few hours ago! At least I don't seem to be the only one.

At first, I got the "Low Power Input" warning. I plugged my Roku into the wall, and now the power light is back on. However, I'm getting "No Signal" from the Roku to the Television now.

I'm using a Roku Premier, serial #YH007F747981, and would really like to get it back up and running soon - I don't know what happened, and am wondering if there was an issue with an update or something.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @jkwleisemann

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Most of the time, no signal message on the TV screen means you have the wrong input (source) selected on your TV. Make sure the source selected matches the one to which you have the Roku player connected.

You can also try the troubleshooting steps below:

1. The video cable is not connected properly or the cable is faulty
    • Check that the video cable is firmly connected to the back of your Roku player and to the HDMI or composite connector on the TV.
    • If you can, check to see if you have a faulty cable by connecting your Roku player with a different cable.
  2. There is a problem with the TV
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with the connector on the TV.
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.
  3. If all else fails…
    • Disconnect and reconnect all cables including the power cable.

For detailed information, refer to this Support article: What should I do if I cannot see the video from my Roku® streaming player on my TV?

Keep us posted on how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ttom519
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Out of nowhere got an error that says:Insufficient Power: The Current USB Port on your TV will not Power this Roku Device. Please use the provided Roku USB power supply

I have restarted, unplugged, tried different adapter, cord, outlet, etc. Same thing. It was always plugged into the wall with the cord and adapter that came with the product. Never into the TV for power.

it is a Roku Premiere, purchased in February 2021, Serial # YH00G0368753

yayme
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having the same issue as everyone else.  Is this some scam you guys do to get people to buy new??  I'm really upset.  Behind the error message, I can see the freaking normal screen?!!!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@yayme 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response, @ttom519

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos