Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeThm

Re: 5 mos. Roku quit

Jump to solution

I have the same problem on my screen and it won't go away. I don't even have a usb plugged in. I tried a system update, a reboot and a complete reset and started the installation from scratch. It still is on the screen until I click the remote, it goes away and then comes back a few seconds later

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @MikeThm

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Please provide us the model and the serial number of your affected Roku device. They can be found by navigating to Settings > System > About
We also suggest trying the troubleshooting steps on this link: What should I do if the red light is flashing or I see a "low-power" warning?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
joannecole

Jump to solution

i have the same problem as ALL of you but not seeming to see ANY answers or a way to contact customer service directly..what is up????

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@joannecole

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? How are you powering the Roku device?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ProTech
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. My Hisense Roku TV says "This USB device requires more power. Use power adapter if available. For more information..." The tv nor Roku is powered by the USB. Nothing is plugged into the USB. Why does this message continue to appear. Your solution did not address the issue.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @ProTech

Thanks for the post.

Normally, the error message that you've mentioned will show up if there's a USB drive connected to your Roku TV. Could you double-check if there's no USB drive at the back of your TV?

To better understand that error you're receiving, you can visit this Support link: Why does my Roku® streaming device not recognize my external USB drive?

We'll be able to assist you once we have further details of your concern.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
darinkb
Reel Rookie

Re: Insufficient Power Warning

Jump to solution

My Roku premiere does the same thing. Plugged into the same port for months then suddenly stops working. Roku has no interest in taking the blame for this problem and providing a fix. They continue to blame the equipment of the customer and not their Roku even though the Roku is the only common denominator in this problem. I suggest a solution is to get a fire stick or of some other streaming device who will provide the proper customer care and not that this problem persist for months years even

Kakam
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Amen! I was told product was out of warrenty and I was out of luck! It is more than a coincidence that so many units just stopped working 😢 

Nearmyst
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem on a Roku express 4k. I have tried multiple USB cables with multiple different power sources and a couple different HDMI cables. This error message and the trouble shooting below is obvious bull**bleep**. It's not the cables. When multiple people here, on Reddit and other places have this same problem, it's your **bleep**ing device which is faulty. I just got this thing to replace another which suddenly started running out of space despite not adding anything to it. I am extremely annoyed.

0 Kudos
Nearmyst
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

And, this is my 4th Roku since 2017. They have all had bull**bleep** deaths. Your products are a rip off. Switch to a subscription model and use hardware that actually supports using it.

0 Kudos