Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kakam
Binge Watcher

Re: 5 mos. Roku quit

Jump to solution

I tried one if those quick charging phone blocks instead of the factory supplied block and so far so good!

My picture is aittle grainy, not sure what that is all about.

*update... Low power message after one day *:/ shouldn't have said anything. 

Problem solved via ROKU tech support.... ROKU OUT OF WARRANTY AND NEEDS REPLACED, in other words, **bleep** out of luck. Newer device, multiple people having same problem, hard to believe my device just went bad, but no more troubleshooting options 

sabbott23
Reel Rookie

Re: Insufficient Power Warning

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  I'm having the same issues as all these other customers. Every night - insufficient power via USB using the Roku Express. We've had this for almost a year and just started having this issue the last month or so. I switch USB ports and it's fine for a day...then same issue. I tried to PM you but couldn't figure out how - please let me know a way to contact you so I can give you my serial number, etc. and get this fixed. Thank you!

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@sabbott23 if you're powering the Express with a USB port on the TV, then you need to use the power cube that came with it and use that. Many TV USB ports don't offer sufficient power for Roku players. 

To send Danny a PM, click on his name, and select View profile if it doesn't go there automatically. On his profile page, you will see a button to send him a private message. Some mobile device browsers don't show the button, so make sure you use a regular computer.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
skeighter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Are you running it through a hdmi switcher or using a long cable?  I had issues running it through a switcher and running it across about six feet of cable.  Plugged the roku dongle directly into the hdmi port and it works even powered off the television.  Before it kept giving errors, even with the usb powered directly.

springhead

Re: Roku express power warning

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  Your responses are not helpful. People including myself are getting usb low power messages, they are telling you they are plugged into wall outlets, therefore, that message should not be coming up. Your advice is to then use another power cord and adapter which your site has said NOT to use! I mean how many people have spare Roku parts laying around? Furthermore you tell people to go to settings to get information, HELLO, there is an error message so one cant access settings! 

Please give some helpful advice for this obviously common problem.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The power cable is a standard micro-USB cable, which many people do have lying around. The alternate power source is just something to try, and again many people have one for their cell phone or tablet.

I've never seen this particular warning. Will it go away if you press OK, or some other remote button? That would allow getting into the Settings menu. But if it can't be cleared, you have a very valid point. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@springhead

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, can you please provide us with your serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sabbott23
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you! This worked for the last 24 hours. Fingers crossed it keeps working!

0 Kudos
DTD02

Insufficient Power

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Im having the same issues as others where I get an “insufficient power” message and am unable to use my Roku device.  I’ve tried the troubleshooting recommendations (different cable, plug directly into outlet, different TV) with no improvement.  What are the next steps to get a replacement for this faulty device?

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Insufficient Power

Jump to solution

Hello @DTD02

We'd love to help you out!

Please provide us the affected Roku device model and serial number. Both information can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos