Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: 5 mos. Roku quit

Jump to solution

@Kat7

Thanks for the post.

I have responded to the PM that you sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kat7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you Danny! I appreciate your quick reply, and assistance.

I have two other Roku devices, one is several years old, and I have never had any problems. I love my Roku's and recommend Roku every chance I can!

Kat

0 Kudos
Sroberts7

Jump to solution

My kids roku express is now experiencing the same issue. Same tv for years and this week we've seen the error. Tried to PM Dan but the option is not there. Idk if it's because he's offline or what. What's the fix?

Kat7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The fix they suggested to me did NOT work. I have been using the cord and plug they supplied since day one, never had USB plugged into the tv for power. They suggest trying different outlets, different tv, unplugging and re plugging the cords....I've tried all of it. 

Please post if you hear from Roku, and if anything you did solved this issue.   Good luck!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Kat7

Thanks for the update.

If you were in touch with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kakam
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I was advised to do the same thing. I explained all the individuals posting on here didn't simultaneously have a cord go bad or wall outlet stop working. Nex step us to reset ROKU. I am hesitant, waiting for customer service to answer a few more questions first. 

Spectrum apparently did not agree to a new contract with ROKU, I'm not sure, but I get the feeling this issue may revolve around the Spectrum App and will dissappear once the app is removed from your device.

This is just speculation, open to conversation / thoughts 

Kakam
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Sroberts7Do you have the Spectrum App on your device?

I am having the same problem and it has not been resolved.

Kat7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you Danny. Honestly, I am having difficulty letting support know that I did everything suggested. I replyed to their email, I think, as I'm not sure WHERE to send my reply.

0 Kudos
skeighter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If you have your roku in a hdmi switcher it's likely drawing a bit more power than it needs.  Had the same low power issue pop up.  Stuck the Roku stick in the Tv and skipped the switcher.  Bingo!!  Runs off the tv's usb power port.

0 Kudos
jschill31

Jump to solution

This is clearly happening due to the March update.  All of us using the factory supplied power source & cable are not crazy...it is a firmware issue.