Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku express power warning

Jump to solution

@ZachD

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering your Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ZachD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have it plugged into the usb and wall outlet.

Lechido1

Re: 5 mos. Roku quit

Jump to solution

Hi I am having the same issue even when I plug it directly to an outlet...

thank you

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
AliciaE

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue (warning: insufficient power) after using my roku express with no issues for two years. I have tried multiple outlets and multiple adapters and the one time I got it working for a short time it couldn't find any wifi networks despite the network working fine and having other devices connected to it. When I restart the device to try to fix the wifi issue it reverts to the insufficient power error message again. I can't figure out for the life of me how to PM Roku Danny because when I go to his profile all I get is his about info and I can't find any option to message him. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@AliciaE

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kakam
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have plugged my ROKU into the working wall outlet with supplied power adapter and connected to TV using supied USB cable and after months of use, get "insufficient power" warning.

Please Advise

Kakam
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Danny! I looked in your profile and can't see how to pm you.

Please Advise

Thanks 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Kakam 

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about how to send a private message (PM), visit our Support page here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Kat7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi. I have this problem as well, tried new cords, different power adaptors, nothing works. I've had this Roku  Express for just under a year, and only now having issues.

In your other posts you state to PM you. How do I do that?

Thanks