Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Insufficient Power Warning

Jump to solution

@ashnmcdougall

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
smith92

Re: 5 mos. Roku quit

Jump to solution

I am also having issues with my device. It’s always plugged in to the wall using the supplied cable. I’ve unplugged it for several minutes and swapped cords and outlets. I’m still receiving the insufficient power notice. Is there a solution to this?

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @smith92,

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Mary​​​​​​​

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
CryptoDad

Jump to solution

I have a pretty new Roku stick model 3810X and I keep getting insufficient power errors event though it is always plugged into the wall. Please help! 

sdt

Re: Roku express power warning

Jump to solution

Danny, 

I have been reading your posts here and am experiencing the same problem. We have tried moving the Roku to another TV and another Roku, both express, to the TV where the issue first started and the second Roku works fine.  We've also tried switch cords and same result.  

I noted that you asked for posters to send you a PM with the information.  I am not sure how to go about this. Could you please explain?  Also, we are unable to access the settings on the Roku to get teh serial number.  Can we just provide the number on the bottom of the device?

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CryptoDad and @sdt

Thanks for the post.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot with low power issue: What should I do if the red light is flashing or I ... - Roku
If you are unable to resolve the issue, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@sdt to send a PM, you click the person's name and select their profile. On the profile page is a button to send a private message. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Megan2

Jump to solution

I cant seem to get my roku to work. It just all of a sudden started saying insuffiant power. I trued different hdmi cables and did use the roku box plugged into the wall. I got it to work for a bit, but then its right back to saying insuffient power.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Megan2

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.
Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ZachD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem. It worked fine for nearly 2 years then I turned it on today and received the USB will not power device message.