Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noble1234

Re: 5 mos. Roku quit

Jump to solution

Hi Danny I am having the same issue with my Roku, I got it in 2019 it worked for a month then all of a sudden stoped saying the thing about power. I have tried different hdmi and it is plugged into the wall. This year I bought another Roku and it works great on that tv. Please help me! 

Bellewest
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Insufficient Power

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I am having the same problem as others here have mentioned. I have tried all of the solutions and nothing is working. It will work for a period of time and then the purple icon shows up again saying there is not enough USB power. Can you assist me with this?
Donna

xxy

Jump to solution

My Roku is plugged into the mains using the USB cable and plug provided but I still get the insufficient power alert rendering the device useless. 

Bellewest
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine started with the remote control deactivating and I would have to re-pair the remote again and again. Then it started giving me the USB power message. And it got to be such an issue that I finally decided to go out and buy another Roku. I had mine almost 4 years and the new one is working fine and it is plugged into the same USB port as the original. I think they just have a shelf life and at some point they go south. Or, you may have bought a dud if it’s only lasting a few months. In which case, I would return it for a refund or replacement. I replaced the original basic Roku stick with the Roku Premier. And I’m glad I did. Much better picture quality and you get screen savers and wallpapers. 

Anjin
Reel Rookie

Re: Insufficient Power Warning

Jump to solution

I got the same error message after using it successfully on the same TV for 2 years. I just unplugged the USB power cable and plugged it back in. It then powered up normally and worked fine again.

Elgato99
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku express power warning

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue 

Elgato99
Reel Rookie

No solution for Insufficient Power error

Jump to solution

Tried every solution, nothing works to make the error go away. 

Piece of junk.

Woodfield
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am also experiencing the low power message. I purchased a ROKU Express in April. 2019. I've always used the ROKU supplied wallwart and cable without any problem until 2 days ago when the low power message appeared. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the power supply without success. When I reconnect the white power indicater light is on and the welcome screen works for a few seconds then the power light starts blinking and the LP message appears. Within the next few seconds the screen goes blank.

A second Roku Express that I had ordered for a TV in another room arrived today. Given that it is the same model I tried the wallwart and cable that came with it. The results were exactly the same.

It appears to me that the Roku device is bad.

In reading the online blogs I learned that software updates are periodically sent to Roku devices. Could a recent update be the source of the problem?

Given the short life of the first device I'm likely to return the second one I received today.

I would appreciate any help you can provide in resolving this matter.

Elgato99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Swapped cables and the Roku updated. After that the issue has not returned. 

0 Kudos
Ebaygurl88

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue as everybody else. I've had this for over a year and it started messing up about a month ago. I've changed outlets, cords and everything. What am I supposed to do?