Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Musemaker
Reel Rookie

Re: 5 mos. Roku quit

Jump to solution

Took some work but they sent me a new unit.

Simmsboys

USB power message

Jump to solution

Roku device is saying the tv usb is not supplying sufficient power. My roku is plugged into a wall outlet and connects to tv via hdmi cable. It is not plugged to TV usb. I have never had this issue before.  I even changed  out the hdmi in case it was faulty and tried a different roku power cord. Is the device faulty? How can this be fixed?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Hoss1984 @Adamgw04 @Simmsboys 

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Insufficient Power Warning

Jump to solution

I've had my TV for a few months and now its not turning off. I unplugged it and plug it back it. Automatically it turns back on and still stuck on the front screen

Jump to solution

Wendyrstout@gmail.com

Serial number 

YG00AT324592

it’s saying usb not enough power but I have tried three different ports and also tried all the troubleshooting steps
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Poohforthought wrote:

[removed]

Serial number 

YG00AT324592

it’s saying usb not enough power but I have tried three different ports and also tried all the troubleshooting steps

Please edit your post and remove your email address. Scammers lurk forums like these looking for targets. 

The serial number doesn't tell us what model Roku it is. Need to know that. 

Are you powering the Roku via a USB port on a TV or some other device, or are you using the wall power plug that came with the Roku?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello, my parents are having this same issue with their Roku stick that is described here.  Please advise as to how to reach you for support, thank you.

angrycustomer
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku express power warning

Jump to solution

Yes, Roku recommends you send it back to the Chinese Prison where it was made and they will fix it by the beginning of the next year.....

carolynp

Jump to solution

I am having the same Insufficient Power Warning issue, but I can't get past set up. I have a Roku Express, and I am trying to set it up on a Visio television.  I have tried connecting the Roku using the connection to the USB connection, and also directly to the wall outlet using the plug. Neither work. The home screen appears but I am unable to use the remote. I am using the cable and the plug that came in the box.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Carolyn Philips

North Carolina

Billster

Jump to solution

I tried all of things suggested in the troubleshooting guide and they didn't work.  After a couple of rounds of emails with support, they suggested a hard reset by pressing and holding the button on the roku stick.  I had to do the set up again, but it solved the power problem.