Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix 'insufficient power' or 'low power' warning

Jump to solution

@C-ski 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
delaronde
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku keeps displaying the warming message "the usb does not have enough power for the device...". I am using the original adapter that came with the Roku. I have tried multiple outlets, multiple usb cables, multiple USB ports, and multiple TVs. The red light is not visible, but the white indicator on the front is and blinking. Any advice?

DrEvil

Jump to solution

In seems to me that there isn't a solution and that in fact these deviceshave a design fault.

I doubt there is anything we can do other than get a device that works.

stardust

Jump to solution

I called to find out how to fix the low power warning. The foreign guy said I needed to give him my credit card number to pay $69 and he could fix it, it was some power source issue. It told him I'm not doing that. How do I know you are legit. He said he'd have it up and running that night and would call me back today. Well, it finally worked last night but...who is this guy? He sounded like he was in his kitchen with a lot of his family in the background. Does anyone know about this? Is it a scam? I want it fixed, I use the roku adapted, I just have not seen any posting that I need to pay some stranger on the phone $69 to get it fixed.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@stardust wrote:

I called to find out how to fix the low power warning. The foreign guy said I needed to give him my credit card number to pay $69 and he could fix it, it was some power source issue. It told him I'm not doing that. How do I know you are legit. He said he'd have it up and running that night and would call me back today. Well, it finally worked last night but...who is this guy? He sounded like he was in his kitchen with a lot of his family in the background. Does anyone know about this? Is it a scam? I want it fixed, I use the roku adapted, I just have not seen any posting that I need to pay some stranger on the phone $69 to get it fixed.

You used a web search engine to find a support number for Roku. That always comes up with scam artists. Roku does not charge for support. This guy has no way of resolving any issue other than stealing your money, and potentially your credit card info. NEVER agree to pay anyone for support thinking they are legitimate Roku support, because they aren't.

As to the problem you are having, it doesn't appear to be a systemic issue, because far too many devices work fine. Most likely Roku received some defective parts, and the best resolution is to get it repaired/replaced under warranty, assuming it's under one year old of course. Send a private message to @RokuDanny-R or @RokuTannerD with your device serial number and your account email and they can assist you. Don't post that information here in the forum to keep your privacy. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@delaronde @DrEvil @stardust 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Woodog71

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. We have used this Ruko with no problem for 6 months at least, now all of the sudden a low power warning. I also can not get to the serial number because there is no way to bypass the warning. In addition, there is no red light. I have also tried a USB from another Roku and that does not work. 

amagallanez
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As with the previous poster, my roku stick was working fine for years using the 1 usb port on the same tv, then suddenly doesn't. why is that? Does the roku stick require more power after an update? My roku express doesn't do that when I connect it through the same port on the same tv.

Ekreezy

Jump to solution

I have two Roku Expresses that are plugged directly into the wall that within three days have this same issue... I keep unplugging and replugging back in but it only functions for a very short amount of time before giving me the same message.  Based on other postings here- it seems this is a common issue lately and Roku makes it impossible to contact them directly.  It seems **bleep** that I spend this money for this to **bleep** out after a year or so on two devices within just a couple days. 

Jump to solution

My Roku keeps saying insufficient power as well. Never had an issue before this happened, used the cord and plug it came with. I tried moving it to another tv, switching the cord and the plug. Same message. Did a restore/reset. Same message.