Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Insufficient Power Alert

My Roku Premiere all of a sudden says that it has insufficient power and asks me to use a USB power adaptor, but I already am using a USB power adaptor.  I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, but that didn't work.  Any idea how to fix this?  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Insufficient Power Alert

@chicadechicago 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend either using another USB port to power your device or to plug your device into a wall adapter with the provided cables.

For more information regarding that alert, visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is flashing or I see a "low-power" warning?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Try a different HDMI port if you have more than one.  This happened to me and it solved the problem for a week. When it popped up again , I rebooted everything and it went back to normal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the exact same problem even though I have all original parts and the power cord is plug directly into the wall.

0 Kudos