Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sidpoole2k
Reel Rookie

Image darkens AFTER playing HDR content on Roku premiere

Display type sets to 4k 60hz with HDR just fine and the image is great, I can then play 4k HDR content and the image is absolutely fine until AFTER the content such as a film finishes. Then the image from the roku is really dark. So the hdr film or episode I watch is totally fine until I stop playing and go to a menu. This darkness is across each app and in the roku menu. The only way to ‘fix’ it is to change the display type to a non HDR mode and then change it back, or restart the roku. 
I am posting this as a new question because I can find loads of answers to ‘dimming when playing 4k content’ but my issue is the roku dimming since it played 4k content.

thank you in advance guys, this is super annoying as the picture quality is superb otherwise!

I’ve checked and rechecked all TV settings and made sure my HDMI port and cable is up to the higher standard.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Image darkens AFTER playing HDR content on Roku premiere

@sidpoole2k

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-example of content that you see this issue occur with
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sidpoole2k
Reel Rookie

Roku device model

3920EU

serial number

YH00E5776208

device ID

06298E776208

software OS/version

10.5.0 build 4208-91

-this issue happens whenever HDR content is played on any app.

-the content this occurs with is the ROKU menus and home page and all apps. Quite simply when I watch a HDR video the image is fantastic, but when I then exit playing the video, everything on screen is darkened to the point of not being useable, upon exiting any video app the Roku Home Screen is also darkened and the only solution to restore brightness and colour is a full reset.

-could not get the tracker ID to work.

-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing - just watch ANY HDR content.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@sidpoole2k

Thanks for information.

Can you provide us with a video of the issue you are experiencing so we can better understand what you are seeing?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos