Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Icons not showing up

I'd not only edit your last post (due to misquoting), but delete the previous post (may be too late; I think this forum won't allow deletes after another post). Either way, both of the posts by the OP less one hour before mine are non sequiturs.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

"rebbe1954" wrote:
"dgrace" wrote:
"rebbe1954" wrote:
Are you raising a crop of dental floss?
Avoid the yellow snow.

Ahh, another fan. The pygmy pony is saddled up and ready to ride into the dawn.

Not everyone caught the joke. My sense of humor hasn't been the same since weasels ripped my flesh.

I had a feeling it might have had something to do with Frank Z, but didn't follow him that close to know. And yeah, I'm old enough!  Smiley Wink
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm also having this issue.

Every two - three days, both Netflix and Hulu lose the preview images, and the only way to fix is a reboot; very annoying.

Descriptions are unaffected.

This recently started happening about two weeks ago.

The unit is a Roku 2 - 2720x
Software: 7.7.0
Build: 4135
Roku Premiere, Roku 2, Roku 1, Roku TV.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I've been having the same issue with my Roku 2 and Version 7.70.

Looking at advice elsewhere to restart system I just went in and looked at, 'System update'.  It tells you that it checks for new versions daily, and it does seem to check.  It shows last checked as 1.30am last night or similar.  It showed last update as 25th August.  

BUT there's a, 'Check now' button which I clicked and it showed an update available which I did - Software Version 8.0.0 Build 4128

Problem resolved for now...

SYSTEM > SYSTEM > SYSTEM UPDATE > CHECK NOW

Good luck
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No Channels Showing - Roku 2 XD 3050X

Roku 2 XD  - 8.1.0.  Build 4131 -02
  Was watching Supernatural , on NetFlix channel before work today, coming to see only Home  /  Streaming Channels / System  - Up to Date !  and its connected .  175mps +  , upload 25+ .  Ty for any help, plus did unplug, then that didnt work also did little reset switch.
" PP "
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

You say it is usually the internet connection I am having the same problem with my Roku 2 using WiFi but my Roku stick using WiFi also in the same house has never done this. Any thoughts?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem.

It is nothing to do with bad Internet.

My set-up is a Hisense Roku 55" TV with ethernet Internet which is 1Gbit optical fibre and works perfectly.

It always seems to be the same icons if that helps.

For instance, my iPlayer icon always doesn't display.

I would be grateful for a FIX.   

Thank you,

Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I've updated to the latest firmware however on a Hisense Roku TV anyway the problem remains.

Sometimes the icons are there and sometimes they are not.

This is a bug somewhere.

Roku - please fix!

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It's not rude at all, the person they were responding to asked "what icons" - as if the Roku has more than one type of icon, it was moronic, at best. And your response does nothing to further aid in the resolution, so crawl back into your basement.

The issue is not network speed, nor wired vs wifi, nor is it age of appliance. It is a bug that Roku needs to address. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@CharlesFry, if that's the way you ask for help, don't expect any.

0 Kudos