Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tgifford
Level 8

I need the HDMI Extender - How to get it from Roku to fix video signal issues

Re: HDCP error and not detecting 4K on Vizio M55-E0 / Streaming Stick+

Can someone clarify what you refer to about the "extender" ?

Is this something Roku provides to customers that request it?  I have not been successful at getting a response from Roku.

If only the HDMI port with ARC will support this fix, I need the HDMI Extender also for my Visio.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I need the HDMI Extender - How to get it from Roku to fix video signal issues

It's only available for sticks and I believe only in the U.S. (not sure about that part).
https://my.roku.com/hdmi

It's really meant for TVs that have HDMI ports that a stick can't fit into, for overheating issues, and for Wi-Fi issues (although the AWR mitigates the latter).  I have seen people claim it fixed HDMI connection issues, but that's possibly just a coincidence.  The stick probably wasn't inserted fully or couldn't be inserted fully for physical reasons.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tgifford
Level 8

Re: I need the HDMI Extender - How to get it from Roku to fix video signal issues

Thank you for the update. Yes; I am using a stick, and it does not fit into the HDMI 1 port on this Visio series M tv. 

I need the extender to use that port, and others have said this is the only port that works properly with the Roku.

Can you send me one?

Thanks  

Trent

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I don't work for Roku; they all have "Roku" in their username.  Did you try to request it at the link I gave?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tgifford
Level 8

Sorry, I thought I was speaking to someone at Roku.

I tried the link and filled out the form to order the extender.

Thanks so much for your help and this link!

0 Kudos
Tgifford
Level 8

Thank you for the support.  The extender fixed the issue!!

0 Kudos