Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mpiatt
Channel Surfer

Re: I keep getting error code 403 when trying to access any program on AMC PLUS

Jump to solution

Thanks SO much! You solved it. Frantically trying to watch AMC+ since I subscribed last week. Could only get it on my newest Roku (purchased this summer) and my older models (which got the “downgrade” offer on). Thanks to you, I can watch on my more convenient TVs.

0 Kudos
MasterMind
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As suggested previously by another user in this thread, and as I mentioned to my angry list of amcplus twitter users that have complained about this issue via twitter( https://twitter.com/Andy_Mayo/status/1466414993478500361), I will share that here. 

Turn tracking on to watch amcplus, when you exit app, turn it off. 

This is a pain in the ass, but, tracking is global, so if you don't turn it off all other apps can track.  

In the meantime, the NEXT time you launch amcplus, if you get the 403 error, then you know what to do via privacy settings, if you don't, then they fixed it. This way you wont be 'watching in the nude' on all of your Roku apps. 

Other issues with amcplus:

• My customer support ticket opened 2 weeks ago, was not even updated by their customer support with this fix. Thankfully someone tweeted me this thread. 
  • Their support site containing my ticket is NOT SSL enabled!  

Most of us in the twitter thread just signed up with their black Friday special for $1.99 a month and thought it was just us, but, I am seeing from this thread that we are not the only ones affected. 

0 Kudos
eekatz1

Jump to solution

Worked for me. I did not have to restart my Roku though. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
MasterMind
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Good news to everyone on this thread.  

Here is the feedback from my most recent AMC+ support ticket: 

We apologize for any inconvenience. Soon you will be able to use the "limit ad tracking" option again on your Roku. We are not actually using this feature to serve ads in the AMC+ app. Unfortunately, however, recent updates to Roku's system and our own have caused some unexpected problems related to this setting. It's not our intention to require any users to un-check that option in their Settings.

Our tech team is working on a new app update that should resolve this and allow you to stream on the AMC+ app regardless of the Roku Settings you choose. We expect that to become available around 12/14. In the meantime, please un-check the "limit ad tracking" box in Settings > Privacy > Advertising. Or if you have another device to stream from, that's another option you might want to consider.

Thank you again for your patience as we try to sort this out.

Mpiatt
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting. I hope this gets sorted soon, by AMC+ and Roku. I’m fortunate that this was the only problem (for me) caused by the update that I know of. 

0 Kudos
sjsimons
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Glad you got a better explanation than I did.  After waiting a week, I finally got an e-mail from AMC+ giving me eggwhite’s solution (which I had already used to solve the problem for me).

0 Kudos
MasterMind
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You are welcome. 

They say 12-14 for new release,  but, in the meantime I toggle it off when  I launch the app and then toggle it on after exit. 

if 403 goes away, then they fixed it, if not toggle off and repeat. 

Current release in Roku is 1.1.14

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This worked great thanks!

0 Kudos
BCH
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I don’t see any of what you described.

How is it that I don’t see this in the ROKU or AMC. It has the latest update.

0 Kudos
BCH
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Also having the same issue. I signed up on 12/4/2021 and also see an expiration date under settings/subscription that is clearly wrong. This might be the issue but since none of the people answering the emails are really tech support, all they will do is tell you to reboot, refresh, or reset something that has no meaning or real solution. This is the age of everything falling into a black hole.

0 Kudos