Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C-Dawg
Reel Rookie

I have to unplug/plugin Roku Ultra to get it to work then video picture is blown up

Jump to solution

Several times a day I receive a black screen that says no power or input.  If I click on the home button on the Ruko Ultra remote and it goes to the home screen and allows me to choose what to watch, but when the video appears on screen it is zoom way in and only shows a quarter of the actual picture extremely large.  I have changed out cables, did a factory reset, changed HDMI port I was using on tv, and still have the same issue.  Help please, it's extremely frustrating to go through this process every time.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have to unplug/plugin Roku Ultra to get it to work then video picture is blown up

Jump to solution

Try disabling "power saving" under Settings->System->Power. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim

Re: I have to unplug/plugin Roku Ultra to get it to work then video picture is blown up

Jump to solution

Try disabling "power saving" under Settings->System->Power. 

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

If @renojim's suggestion doesn't fix it, try going into the Roku's Settings > Display type option and setting it to your TV's actual resolution instead of the default "Auto detect".

When you change the Display type to a new setting it runs you through several screens:

• A screen where you can choose from the available options on that device.
  • A screen where it analyzes your choice to be sure your tv supports it, then gives the option of trying that choice if you wish.
  • A screen with a countdown timer and two choices:
        Yes, screen looks good
        No, I will choose a different setting
    The "No" option is highlighted by default. To keep the screen resolution you're currently trying, you need to arrow up to the "Yes" option and click on it before the timer runs out.
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
C-Dawg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

renojim your suggestion seemed to do the trick!  Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
C-Dawg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you makaiguy, the other poster's suggestion seemed to take care of it.  I do appreciate your suggestion.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

If you sign up for a subscription and reset your cameras it will play videos again

0 Kudos