Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deserthawk10
Level 9

Re: I hate the new Roku Media Player just updated 06/30/2020

If you disabled "Auto Run" it isn't the same as autoplay.  It won't fix the problem we're all having.

0 Kudos
J1
Level 8

I totally agree it's a piece of junk now! I have turned off my router so my other roku tv's won't update and ruin the media player app. I have 5 roku tv's in my house I used to watch YouTube videos in my shop via internet now I have to watch via screen mirroring so my media player app doesn't get messed up. It's pretty pathetic that roku treats their tv owners like this. 

J1
Level 8

Yes the grid or rows is there but the original artwork is not. I find the new look pretty **bleep** disgusting and want the original artwork back. It is such a turn off I shut my router off so my other 4 roku tv's won't update and ruin the media player app. 

J1
Level 8

If roku doesn't offer a  fix soon I'll have 5 Hisense 75" roku TVs for sale and find another option. I guess I should have kept my Samsung tv it had a similar media player to the original roku app. I keep movies on a flash drive because I don't like the clutter of having DVDs or blue rays or the need for an external player that's too much clutter in my entertainment system. Epic Fail Roku! Epic Fail!

rockyxu
Level 7

its not working properly for me!! slideshow will automatically exits on its own to the main page where you select channels! 

0 Kudos
AirMojo
Level 8

Yep, it sucks... can't turn off the Autorun feature from automatically playing the next video... even though the setting says that it is turned off.

There was no valid reason for changing the Media Player to something that does not work right.

Preferred it when it worked, and it looked fine before !

0 Kudos
AirMojo
Level 8

Yeah, the setting says Autorun is off, but it's not working... working the same as Autorun On !

Makes me wonder if Roku is aware of the problem ?

LonT2
Level 8

I'm with you. I hadn't used RMP for a few months, and just yesterday I started again and was surprised to find it had updated on its own. Firstly, the new interface sucks. Secondly, it keeps dropping its connection with my DLNA server. Thirdly, Roku needs to either give users an option to refuse an upgrade they don't want, or the option to roll back to a previous version if the new update isn't to their liking. I much preferred the previous RMP. This new one is pure junk.

AirMojo
Level 8

Update:  I got a response back from the ticket that I opened in August when I reported the problem.

It looks like Roku finally fixed the problem...

I updated the Roku software to version 9.4.0, went into the Media player settings, and changed Video Options "Playlist mode" to off ... ran a quick test, and it seems to work now... not "autoplaying" the next video after the current one is done playing.

Wonder what took them so long ?

0 Kudos