Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
midspi
Level 8

Re: I hate the new Roku Media Player just updated 06/30/2020

For me it was later in the evening. I had turned off the tv because I just didn't want to watch it. Later that evening I turned it back on and it was back to normal. 

0 Kudos
midspi
Level 8

Here is an idea; not sure it will work but it's worth a try:

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-change-input-on-roku-tv

0 Kudos
midspi
Level 8

Other idea: unplug your tv wait 20 sec. plug back in; this is something I did before my tv went back to normal. 

One other thing I did....went to settings...went to TV inputs....and clicked on AV this may have done the trick; and not customer service...just not sure; seeing that I did this and emailed customer service and had the result I did. I assumed it was the latter. 

0 Kudos
Deserthawk10
Level 9

I will try what you said.  I got a letter back from Roku asking exactly what I don't like about the new version.  I said EVERYTHING, that I want the old one back.  Haven't heard back yet.  Will try your method.

Why did you click on AV setting?

0 Kudos
mgosdin
Level 8

For a definitive answer I got this from Roku Customer service.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for writing to us.

I understand that you want to have the old version of the Roku media player.

In this case, there is no option to rollback to its older version on devices. Because the Roku device is already updated the software to its latest version. So the app version will not match with the latest Roku software version.

If you have additional questions, please let us know. We will be glad to assist.
Thank you for choosing Roku.

Regards,
Vignesh
Roku Customer Support

So, their answer is "No".

My answer is "Bye".

Take care everyone, see you around the Internet sometime.

Mark Gosdin

0 Kudos
Deserthawk10
Level 9

I got a completely different reply.  They didn't say they couldn't change it back.  Instead, they wasted my time by wanting descriptions of exactly what I don't like about the new one.

0 Kudos
Deserthawk10
Level 9

I tried doing what you did with no luck.  So far no luck from Roku either, but someone else got a letter back saying it was impossible to change it back.

pleasantcrew
Level 7

I agree with most responses to this revamped player. I hope they either roll it back to the previous version or do more beta testing before its released to the masses.

JMT1965
Level 7

I agree. Don't understand IT people, they think everything need to be changed and "updated". They don't realize that simplicity is usually perfect as is. 

Everything is now auto play. That used to be an option. 

It's also full on HD, so it's near impossible for me to use on my Roku 2 in the bedroom, which is connected to an older 14" tv. I don't use it often, but now I can't use the media player on it. 

0 Kudos
JMT1965
Level 7

Thank for that. That option used to be at the folder level, not the main level. I just switched auto-play off, but I haven't checked to see if it actually works. 

0 Kudos