Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gwtex
Level 7

Re: I hate the new Roku Media Player just updated 06/30/2020

My issue after the recent update is not the user interface, but viewing live stream video.  My video feed from OAN is now in zoom mode.  Only able to see half the images and no lower screen information.  I have tried different TV's and resetting the Roku devices with no change.  Wish Roku would act on our issues.

Deserthawk10
Level 9

I haven't experienced that exact problem, I don't think. Mine autoplays but I don't have to fiddle with it.

0 Kudos
Deserthawk10
Level 9

There is a setting to adjust that.  There are 3 different settings/options sections, which I find confusing.  Keep moving from page to page and you will find different Options in the upper right corner.  With each page hit the asterisk key until you find the setting I'm talking about. It lets you choose between grid and rows. It took me a while to stumble across it, but it is there if you look.

Deserthawk10
Level 9

There is a setting to fix that.  Just keep moving through the different pages and with each one hit the asterisk button on your remote.  Each options/settings is different, which is confusing.  Keep doing this and you will find a setting that lets you choose between rows and grid.

rob5819
Level 7

I just posted https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/Roku-Media-Player-quot-Set-favorite-... to discuss the specific issue of the new media player not honoring the "set favorite dlna player" setting.  If anyone is experiencing the same issue or has found a solution please help me out.  It worked perfectly in previous versions, but now I have to scroll through the 22+ DLNA servers on my network (DirecTV DVRs, Denon HEOS receivers, etc.) to find my correct media server, while the "select media device" screen constantly refreshes and puts me back on the first DLNA device it found. 

midspi
Level 8

I am new here. I am still trying to figure my way around. My thought was we should have EVERYONE on here email https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-details and tell them how disgusted we are with this new streaming they did. I was wondering if you would post this link? 

JParker
Level 8

https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-details 

I've tried asking Roku for help & have not received any response.   Has anyone else gotten a response?

Deserthawk10
Level 9

You could try calling them.  I called on Friday, but got a recording, I think because of the holiday.  I should take my own advice and call again.

JParker
Level 8

I can't find any phone numbers.  Do you have a number?

Lisag74
Level 7

Still wondering if this might be what's causing the problem with video zooming in on Hulu...(see trending discussions). It started happening about the same time as this revamp of their system. Might not be related, but timing is same

0 Kudos