Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

I can't fix my Express device issue

I will start my Roku and the screen goes black and won't start.I will get it to come up but after 30 minutes or so it kicks me out of the channel and goes to the home screen. Unplugging doesn't help neither does doing the system reset. I looked it up and still can't fix it what do I do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: I can't fix it...

Might be a funky Channel that is not well maintained.

does it happen on others?

Do any lights flash on the front of your Roku?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Paige 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? How are you powering the device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter? When the device goes back to the Home screen, is this happening on a specific channel or does this happen on all channels?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hello Danny

I am having the same problems just surfacing this week.  Some regular channels like CTV NEWS (in the World News channel), the entire Disney Plus channel tells me I don't have internet connection when I obviously do and even down to specific movies on Prime won't load.  Screen goes black and I have to restart to get the ROKU splash screen back.  I loaded Star Wars on Prime and it let me FF and RW but only to other blank screens, no sound on any channel that isn't loading.  I have checked and double checked my connection with a report back of "Excellent" connection.  I have checked to make sure the Roku software is up to date and I have even removed the channels and reloaded them all with no result but black screens.  My Roku Express in connected to the back of my TV.  I have swapped out the Roku Express for another with the exact same results.

Please help, back to BluRay until this is fixed....

Thanks

0 Kudos