Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rgttex

Disney Plus error 83, Disney says its a Roku problem

Jump to solution

I have Roku Express box. Disney Plus was working fine up until about two weeks ago. Then it kicked us off and gives us error 83. I have spent many hours on phone and chat with Disney support. Have done all their fixes several times and they say to contact Roku. I can play on my TV with Roku built in but not on any of my Roku boxes. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: I am getting Disney+ error 83 and disney says its a roku problem

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that specific error, visit Disney's support page here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=2bb9b9acdb0104d03c0cf158bf961977

For further assistance, you'll want to contact Disney+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Js207005

Jump to solution

Same issue

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Js207005

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

For us to assist you further, could you tell us specifically the issue you're running into? Does it only happen on Disney+ or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Have you done any troubleshooting steps?

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jhnelson3

Jump to solution

I have same error on all three Roku devices.  No issue if I use TV apps or apple devices.  I have called Disney multiple times as well and they end up sending me to Roku customer service who isn’t taking tech calls.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that specific error, visit Disney's support page here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=2bb9b9acdb0104d03c0cf158bf961977

For further assistance, you'll want to contact Disney+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same issues. Can only watch on smart tv. Disney tech is unable to fix. Roku?

0 Kudos
Krawk
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The article you link says it is an incompatible device issue. Is it possible a firmware update from Roku broke compatibility ?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Krawk

We're here to help!

Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're running into? How are you accessing Disney+? Please also reply here with the model number of your Roku device. It can be found in Settings > System > About.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: I am getting Disney plus error 83 and disney says its a roku problem

Jump to solution

Danny I am having the same issue on all three of my devices. I have an express I have a Roku ultra and then I just have a regular Roku all give me the same error message. I have my Disney plus through Roku not through Disney you guys need to help me fix this

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I am getting Disney plus error 83 and disney says its a roku problem

Jump to solution

Hi @Raindrop503,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

In addition, we recommend getting the latest Disney plus channel version by checking for a channel update using your * button on the channel tile or going to Settings for a System Update there. Then, restart your player. 

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos