Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am Watching a Double Screen

Turned on the TV set with Roku Ultra on it this morning to be shocked to find that the TV has a split screen & I see a double screen exactly alike! I reboot everything! The Roku & Internet to no avail! Nothing changed, still split double screen! Anyone have any idea's on how to fix this problem? Sure would appreciate any help I can get! 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I am Watching a Double Screen

@Sweetness3012 

Try restarting the Roku Ultra (Settings/System/Restart.).

I have seen a few reports of this issue and seems if this becomes recurring issue that disabling the Display Adapter Auto Refresh feature of Roku will normally resolve it.

(Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Advanced System Settings/Advanced Display Settings/Auto-Adjust Display Refresh Rate [disable] )

If the above stills fails to resolve issue, may need to try different HDMI port, HDMI cable, or try using on another TV.  

Final thing to try would be a Factory Reset of device. Just make sure you have a working remote before performing this procedure.

(Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset) or press and hold Reset button for 30+ seconds.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos

Re: I am Watching a Double Screen

@AvsGunnar wrote:

@Sweetness3012 

Try restarting the Roku Ultra (Settings/System/Restart.).

I have seen a few reports of this issue and seems if this becomes recurring issue that disabling the Display Adapter Auto Refresh feature of Roku will normally resolve it.

(Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Advanced System Settings/Advanced Display Settings/Auto-Adjust Display Refresh Rate [disable] )

If the above stills fails to resolve issue, may need to try different HDMI port, HDMI cable, or try using on another TV.  

Final thing to try would be a Factory Reset of device. Just make sure you have a working remote before performing this procedure.

(Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset) or press and hold Reset button for 30+ seconds.

Thank You Very Much! I will try your suggestions, & keep my fingers crossed. I am not very techie & am close to 70 years old hope I can do this! Appreciate your taking time to help me!