Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arterry88
Level 7

Hulu freezes on ad screen and starts playing audio of show.

Recently, in the last couple of days, I’ll be watching a show on Hulu through my Roku Express and after an ad plays, the ad picture freezes on my screen and the audio from whatever show I’m watching starts to play. I have to then use my remote to rewind a frame to get the video to appear with the audio. I’ve contacted Hulu and they state this is not their issue. I’ve complete restarted my Roku (it’s only two months old) to factory settings and updated everything. I don’t know what to do or if I’ll just need to wait for Roku to fix this glitch or take it back for a new one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7\
Trisler
Level 8

Re: Hulu freezes on ad screen and starts playing audio of show.

Same issue here. Have Hulu live and that seems to be fine. But when watching streamed shows it happens. Please fix this thing. Maybe time to try SlingTV. 

tomg10
Level 8

SORRY I DON'T HAVE A FIX. I DO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, AND I THINK IT IS A HULU ISSUE. HULU WORKED FINE UNTIL IT DID NOT ON MY ROKU EXPRESS WITCH IS ABOUT 2 MONTHS OLD. SO I TRIED IT ON AN OLD ROKU 2, AND HULU WORKS FINE ON IT. OK ROKU OR HULU PROBLEM? WISH I KNEW FOR SURE. GOOD LUCK

TOMG10 

0 Kudos
Jedi06
Level 8

HI.  I agree. 

Try this....

Uninstall the Hulu app on your ROKU

Reinstall the Hulu

Register it and log in

Retry

If that fails to resolve the issue, go to your Hulu.com and at the very bottom click on "contact us" and then you can use Chat... talk to an agent.  They will refresh your account.  You may need to uninstall/reinstall the app one more time though so don't be surprised, but... it may help resolve the issue.

Thanks

tomg10
Level 8

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice. Did not work. I tried using an old ROKU 2 HULU worked fine on it. Still will not work on my ROKU EXPRESS which is only about 2 months old. I Think I got the ROKU 2 in 2015. Guess I need to try the chat, see what happens. 

Tomg10

0 Kudos
meinerfam
Level 7

I have the same issues. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling. It definitely makes me watch less Hulu because it is annoying. 

0 Kudos
PaperAirplanes
Level 7

Same thing happens with my Hulu and it's getting worse! Did anyone ever figure out a fix?

0 Kudos
Trisler
Level 8

Mine cleared up months ago with an update. 

0 Kudos