Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Hulu Live not pausing, rewinding or fast forwarding

I watch a lot of football on Hulu via my Roku Premiere. Sometimes I need to step away from the tv for a min, or want to rewind. Even for a show that’s been playing for the past hour, my Roku will not pause, rewind, or fast-forward. I have 53 hours of DVR space left. This used to work fine. I’m not sure what happened. I’ve reset the Roku, but to no avail.

8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Hulu Live not pausing, rewinding or fast forwarding

I would ask Hulu about it.  I know The Roku Channel doesn't allow any of that on its live channels (which is ridiculously stupid and a giant step backwards for technology), but I don't believe it's a Roku limitation.  I think it's really up to the developer of each channel/app.

Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks so much. What’s weird is that I can rewind and pause and FF with Hulu on other devices. It’s just Roku that has the issue, but I’ll let Hulu know and hope they can address it. Thanks again!

Highlighted
Level 8

@jcooker , I'm having the exact same problem. Hulu live works on every other device (pausing, rewind, FF, start from beginning) but not at all with Roku. I contacted Hulu live support and let them know as well. They said they've had many complaints but cannot figure out the problem because everyone says that Hulu is working on all other devices. 

Highlighted
Level 7

This make watching NFL football nearly impossible. I'm considering dropping Hulu and trying something else if this doesn't get fixed soon. It was fine two weeks ago.

Highlighted
Level 20

@p_q wrote:

It was fine two weeks ago.

That's interesting.  I wonder if an update to the channel or a firmware update changed how live streams are handled.  I know the firmware has been going through recent updates, but has the Hulu channel?

Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks! I got in touch with Hulu support earlier this week and upon escalating my issue, they advised that this is a known problem with their enhanced cloud DVR service, and noted that they are working on a solution. In the meantime, they offered a credit toward my monthly bill.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I know! It’s frustrating. FWIW, I got in touch with Hulu support earlier this week and upon escalating my issue, they advised that this is a known problem with their enhanced cloud DVR service, and noted that they are working on a solution. In the meantime, they offered a credit toward my monthly bill.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I wondered the same thing. My app and firmware are up to date, and this wasn’t a problem a few weeks ago. I got in touch with Hulu support earlier this week and upon escalating my issue, they advised that this is a known problem with their enhanced cloud DVR service, and noted that they are working on a solution. In the meantime, they offered a credit toward my monthly bill.

0 Kudos