Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to turn off voice description setting on Roku

Jump to solution

@SH85, the Screen Reader reads the text on menu screens in a robotic voice.  If you're hearing a voice describing the action in a video/movie that's not the same thing.  You have to choose a different audio track.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Vfox2007

Re: Voice Description. Will not turn off I went to accessibility and there was nothing t that said

Jump to solution

I went to accessibilty but it does list audio guide. How can i turn off voice descriptions.  It just started doing it?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice Description. Will not turn off I went to accessibility and there was nothing t that said

Jump to solution

@Vfox2007, it's no longer called "audio guide"; it's now referred to as "screen reader".  However, as I stated earlier, if you're getting a voice describing the action in a video/movie that's completely unrelated.  That has to do with the audio track of the content you're watching.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
ggg737

Jump to solution

I did that too, but then I went to option, down to *accessability & captions* and turned off screen reader ~ it worked!!!

0 Kudos
adevildog

Jump to solution

I finally turned off that annoying robot voice !!! While watching “any program “ hit the “STAR “ key a few times.  It will eventually say “ screen reader on” or “ screen reader off “ . When you hear the desired selection … stop hitting the star button and see if you have your desired effect! 

0 Kudos
ABNuck
Reel Rookie

Re: Turn off Voice Description

Jump to solution

Doesn't work in Canada...cannot turn off. Ready to throw ROKU in garbage. ROKU please help. Pressing * button 4 times does not work. On the systems menu there is no "accessibility" option. What do we do?

Chuck77

Jump to solution

Thanks worked on my tv too, wrong English. You have to take off of the one that is descriptive 

0 Kudos
Fizzlebog

Jump to solution

Thank you sooooooo very much!! This worked!!!

0 Kudos
krisann
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

0 Kudos