Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tony34234
Level 7

How to rotate the video on Roku TV.

I have TCL Roku TV. Whenever I play video from USB device usually mp4 files, they play in wrong orientation. I would like to rotate the video 180 degree or upside down. It happens with all the videos.

Is it possible to rotate the video without editing with Roku TV?

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Re: How to rotate the video on Roku TV.

Not aware of any ability to do that. Unless some channel has it built in as a function. The Roku firmware can't do it.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
tony34234
Level 7

Its a necessary functionality. VLC does it automatically in computers. It would be nice to have such feature in Roku.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 15

I wouldn't label it a necessity. Since a Roku player is primarily designed for use with online sources, those sources will always be formatted correctly. Since it also has the ability to play local media, it would be a nice feature to have. You really can't compare it so computer based software, as they have two different purposes. That said, I would really like a version of VLC for the Roku, but the developers say it will never happen because the Roku software language is incompatible with what VLC is written in, and they won't spend the effort on a completely separate version. Can't say I blame them. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
tony34234
Level 7

Roku media player should provide video rotation functionality. Family videos or vacation videos are not made by professionals and sometimes orientation is not right.

If Roku media play provides video rotation functionality than it would be more useful. For example I can't play most of the videos. Many of them play upside down.

I would like to make request to Roku Media player app developers to add functionality to rotate the videos while the are playing.
0 Kudos