Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KristyLewallen
Level 7

How to keep your roku from going back to homescreen while watching a movie on a app

12 Replies
Jd_4
Level 7

Re: How to keep your roku from going back to homescreen while watching a movie on a app

Having the same problem if anyone can help us out been happening the last two days for me just watching any app and suddenly goes back to home screen at first I thought my wife was messing with me with mobile remote app but nope keeps happening without anyone hitting home button.

0 Kudos
ole
Level 7

Re: How to keep your roku from going back to homescreen while watching a movie on a app

I am having similar issues today.  TV keeps going to Home Screen, then goes to a Black Screen, then back to Home Screen.  I am sometimes able to get to connection HDMI1 but it goes thru the loop again after a couple minutes. 

TV was purchased just a little less than a year ago

0 Kudos
ole
Level 7

I got this resolved thru an Online Chat with a ROKU Support Tech.  Here is what I did:  

1. Go home > settings > system > system update > check now
  2. Go home > settings > system > power> system restart > restart
0 Kudos
Moonsong
Level 7

Having the same problem. Just got a roku for Christmas and it has been doing this since I set it up an hour ago. 

0 Kudos
Moonsong
Level 7

Sadly, I tried all this and it still did not work. I had one of the older roku systems and it worked perfectly. Now that I upgraded it, only Netflix works without it going back to the Home Screen 3 minutes into the video on any other app I use. This is so frustrating!

0 Kudos
vernont
Level 7

Just set my New Roku Express to day 27/12/2000. It keeps reverting back to the Home screen .

Can anyone Help.  Vernon .

0 Kudos
MamacitaBroom
Level 7

This has been happening for a couple of weeks for me. We have 2 roku tvs, 1 express,  and 1 premium and they all are doing it. I checked for updates and restarted from settings and it still happens!

0 Kudos
ole
Level 7

Unfortunately, the solutions provided by ROKU/TCL Support have not resolved the issues.   Here is what we tried with ROKU Tech Support 

1. Go home > settings > system > system update > check now
  2. Go home > settings > system > power> system restart > restart
  3. Go home > settings > system > advance system settings>factory reset  Make sure you've the original remote.

4. Referred to TCL for Warranty on the TV that was purchased just less than a year ago.

In this case your TV is not working properly anymore. Your TV is in warranty. You can ask for a replacement to TCL *TCL 1-877-300-8837

5. December 23, 2020 spoke with Ken at TCL.  Reviewed steps taken to resolve with ROKU tech.  One more trouble shooting step – Unplug TV , Press & Hold Power Button for 15 seconds

Power up TV and monitor for 1 day. 

If issue persists, call back 1-877-300-8837.  Ken has documented all information and warranty will be honored if there are still issues.   Provided shipping address and confirmed email address with Ken.

Model of TV is 40S325-CA; S/N of TV is 1911xxxxxx

6. Within an hour, TV was at the Home Screen again

Called TCL s/w Eric and was informed of the warranty process. He confirmed email and shipping address again.  The TV needs to be returned, a tech will assess if it can be repaired.  If it can be repaired they will do that and return to me.   If not, a replacement TV will be sent out.

They will be sending a box out so I can ship the TV back.

Provided a Picture and description of issues in the email message sent to me about the warranty

7. December 30, 2020 Still waiting for the Box so I can ship this TV back... 
  8. Random use of the TV but have had to go thru Set Up Process up to 10 times a day... very frustrating! 
0 Kudos
ausbinp
Level 8

This is the same problem that I am having.  It streams for around 3 minutes and then goes back to the home screen.  Netflix is the only app that this does not occur on.

0 Kudos