Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DL559

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

I'm in the exact same boat and none of the suggested fixes are working...no sound from TV speakers, no sound from soundbar...this is ridiculous 

joeydav1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same thing here. Device is about 3 months old. I have to reboot it daily to get sound. I've traded HDMI cables, HDMI ports, tested on other TVs. Same result. But here's the REALLY bad thing. To get a replacement, I have to return the unit FIRST before they ship the replacement, and will be without access to my main source of TV until the replacement is shipped. Pathetic customer service.

Remmey6
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you it worked perfect for me also!!!!

0 Kudos
Sunnyd1102

Jump to solution

Having the same problem. I can watch a full movie or show with sound and hit next episode and silence. Now that I see that this is such an issue, I am switching to a different streaming device. Really disappointed in lack of update or response to this issue. 

Jump to solution

Same problem here. No sound for the last 3 days. Roku is about to lose my business.

Jump to solution

I just did this and it worked thanks so much for posting this lol 

0 Kudos
sgraham

Jump to solution

tried it, didn't work, knocking it. 

just bought the stick and no sound, followed all of the above advice. 

no live support? pretty crummy.

CMKelly923

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with no sound......any solutions? 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having to unplug my Roku every single day also. It’s very frustrating and it just started happening 2 weeks ago. I have sound on the menu and if I exit roku. I have checked all my settings and can’t seem to find a solution that works except for unplugging it every day sometimes more than once a day. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The only HDMI cable I’m using is for my blue-Ray player. I’ve tried the different hdmi plug ins on the tv but with no luck. There is sound when we are on the home screen but when we try Youtube or DVD player there is no sound. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos