Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlenNavajo

Re: No sound using my Roku streaming stick

Jump to solution

I’m having the same no volume problem others seam to be having with my streaming stick directly connected to television, sound is fine when using antenna. This started  happening a couple days ago. I’ve tried unplugging, and doing a device restart. I was able to get sound back yesterday by changing Wi-Fi channels but now the stick won’t connect to my other channel despite indicating there’s a good signal. Very frustrating!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: No sound using my Roku streaming stick

Jump to solution

Hey @GlenNavajo

Thanks for the post.

When you said that your stick won't connect to your channels despite having a good signal, does that mean you're having internet connection issues? Are you getting an error message when you try to launch a channel? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Genoess
Channel Surfer

Re: How to fix no sound coming from my Roku streaming player

Jump to solution

This resolves the issue, but it returns the next day.

I've been having to do this every day for at least a week now, it seems this must have been caused by an update. 

0 Kudos
jmsnodgrass
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Since putting a small (1.5 inch or so) fan on our Roku, we haven’t had a problem. 

0 Kudos
Indywoman12
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with my roku premiere . I did reset my roku and restart it after about a min or so ,, once I turned it back on I can hear the ROKU intro before getting to the main screen .

Once a channel is selected there is no sound on either app just a picture ..

I am not sure what to do the sound works perfect on My TV while watching over the air digitial programming live stations,, however switching over to roku no sound just noticed this today ,,

Otherwise no problems just like this last post.

I check my cables its all connected ,, very weird .

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Indywoman12

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried switching out the HDMI cable used to connect your Roku device as well as using another HDMI port on your TV?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried using another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Skiboy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

From reading through a good portion of this thread I see some people have had success with the standard solutions and others have not. I fall into the second category. My device (Roku Premiere, 2.5 years old) was working fine yesterday, when I turned it on tonight, no sound. Checked all audio settings on the TV and Roku. I unplugged it 7 to 8 times, switched cables and ports but had no success. There is sound as the roku is booting up and the animated letters are jumping around. But when the menu comes up there is once again no sound. From other comments here I see I am not alone and can only conclude that I'm missing something or the roku is toast.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku devices are not “toast.”  Something is obviously wrong with either your Roku audio settings, or your TV audio settings.  When I got my Archer/Radio Shack branded 15-1956 A/V switcher (dated April 1993 — Version B / Made In China) in the mail and connected my Roku 3910 along with my Sony DVD Player and my generic no-name brand / MT-VIKI manufactured 8-port switcher, through the Archer/Radio Shack branded switcher a week ago, there were audio issues, and initially that turned out to be an issue with my switcher, and so, I’ve had to fiddle around with the ports on the back of the switcher a couple of times, then later on the switcher appeared to have fixed itself.
~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Skiboy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Maybe my Roku will fix itself? I've gone through all the settings on both my TV and Roku. Nothing has obviously changed from 24 hours ago when everything was working. So right now I'm stumped.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Skiboy  Probably a couple of days until it’s fixed or something like that.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos