Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: sound still quits after doing what is recommended

Jump to solution

@sh3d3vilinme

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gr4v1ty
Channel Surfer

Re: sound still quits after doing what is recommended

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. TCL Roku TV is connected to sound bar (ARC) but I get a brief moment with sound when booting up (fast start) then sound disappears. Only a system restart solves the issue. If I close the sound bar, the TV has sound. If I re-open the sound bar still no sound.

0 Kudos
KycVal

Re: No sound…please see my comment below, I need help asap.

Jump to solution

I just got my roku ultra plus and the next day (today) I started having the same audio issues. Unplugging and plugging back in the hdmi resolves the issue until the next episode or until I need to pause the program OR every 10 minutes…like I said the cable that came with the roku and the roku is brand new (1 day old)…I bought another hdmi and STILL the same issue…. What now? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No sound…please see my comment below, I need help asap.

Jump to solution

@KycVal

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tmarc2000

Re: How to fix no sound coming from my Roku streaming player

Jump to solution

Danny, I have a Roku express and there was an update. This update has now impacted the sound for premium app channels (HBO MAX, Netflix, Prime, etc.). The sound plays for the preview - however, when you select the movie… no sound at all. Roku doesn’t have a direct contact. Please provide some help please. 

JBK1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have same issue with Roku Ultra. If I remove Ultra and install my old Roku3, everything works normal. Reinstalling Ultra, problem returns. Suspect it might be software issue for Ultra did initially work normal. Having to Restart Ultra every time you switch from Live TV to Roku is a pain. Wife suggests I purchase Apple. If next software release doesn’t correct, I will take measures to remedy. 

0 Kudos
seniorgeek
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nothing that was suggested will work.
I get sound when the ROKU boots but noting after that.

Sound controls on the remove don't do anything.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We're sorry to hear that you're having this experience. If this audio issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional details you may have as well as providing the information requested by @RokuDanny-R posted above that would be helpful for our team in further investigating this problem.

Keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
seniorgeek
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After trying everything listed I still can't make the sound work. I even upgrading the firmware, did a "reset" and tried again. Still no audio. I sent the ROKU back to Amazon for a refund.

0 Kudos
Christcj
Reel Rookie

Re: No sound - replying to this thread

Jump to solution

Didn’t work for me 😕 initially it had sound… until I clicked on Netflix. That’s how it started. 

0 Kudos