Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

Hi, I tried both the unplug hack and did 5he audio setting to stero.

Nothing worked until I went to Settings>  System>  Advanced System Settings>  Factory Reset>  Reset TV audio/picture settings.

It didn't affect anything else except audio and picture and brought it back to normal..........

0 Kudos
Phyl1

Jump to solution

I tried unplugging for 10 minutes and didn’t help. Also, tried changing HDMI into a different port.  Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Phyl1

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Is this issue happening on a specific channel or does it happen on all channels?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RichinAZ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This seems to happen a lot to me. Sometimes the issue is "Hot Plug", solved by disconnecting the Roku Express power source. Sometimes it is solved by re-booting of the modem. Today it was solved by re-booting the TV, which happens to be a smart Visio; I tried my other TV which has Roku and it worked fine, so I knew the problem was that the TV had mysteriously changed settings; re-booting restores defaults. Anyhow, the solutions for me almost always are solved by re-booting something or other.

0 Kudos
drees1742

Jump to solution

I've used my Roku Ultra for over three years without a problem until a few months back when the sound doesn't come through. Now it's an experience everytime I use it. I've tried all the suggestions more than once with the same results, NO SOUND! I rarely use it anymore and believe I will just pitch it, since I don't want to waste my time on an unresponsive device or people that represent it.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@drees1742

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Does this issue happen on a specific channel or does it happen across all channels? Is your device connected to any other external devices such as an AVR, or is it connected directly to a TV?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JDale

Jump to solution

Had sound earlier today, now nothing. I've reset, unplugged, changed hdmi cables, changed hdmi ports and still no sound on any channels. TV sound works fine. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JDale

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post and I'll be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WS

Jump to solution

I just bought a ROKU today because sound suddenly stopped working on my Firestick. Guess what no sound on brand new ROKU either. Boxing it up and taking it back tomorrow. My guess is some sort of anti pirating software is causing system interface issues. What is shocking is neither company is responding to the users so you can bet they know the issue and have no plans to fix it. Back to cable! 

0 Kudos

Re: sound still quits after doing what is recommended

Jump to solution

I've also reset manually through my settings, then system, advanced system settings, factory reset, reset tv audio/picture settings and volume still quits. However after the reset the volume can be heard until you try and watch any movies. Here's some pictures.16267928918353046525753738875271.jpg

16267929573047730676588856670662.jpg

0 Kudos